Brothers Aircraft Corp was founded in 1929 by C. Gilbert and
Gordon Taylor at Rochester, NY. When Gordon died, the company
was moved to Bradford, PA where William Piper joined. Taylor
Brothers failed in 1931.
William Piper bought the assets and, with C.
Gilbert Taylor, started again as Taylor Aircraft Co. A
personality clash led C. Gilbert to leave in 1936. He started Taylorcraft
Aviation in the same year. This company declared bankruptcy
C.G. Taylor then formed Taylorcraft Inc.
(1949-1958). Others resurrected the company in Alliance, OH as
Taylorcraft Aviation (1968-1986) and as Taylorcraft
Aircraft at Lock Haven, PA (1992-????).