Model 6-440 was the last and largest of four 6-cylinder
engines produced by the Ranger Engine Division of Fairchild
Aircraft. Designated by the U.S. military as the L-440,
this engine was used almost exclusively by Fairchild aircraft.
Produced by the Ranger Engine Division of Fairchild Aircraft, L-440 was first used by the U.S. Army in 1940.
Over 6,500 L-440s were built.
|inverted, 6-cylinder, In-line, air cooled, piston engine|
|Displacement: 441 cubic inches (7.2 liters)|